Academy and Coaching Director
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. Guilherme Carniel – or Gui. It's great to be in Australia with you, I feel so
blessed to be here to share with you my love of soccer 'Jogo Bonito' – the beautiful game. Soccer de Brazil is
about a community of people who have a shared vision and passion for life. I want you to know me, the SdeB
Management and Coaching teams, and your community – so please keep reading…
I left Brazil at age 17 with a sense of adventure and passion to play and coach soccer. I did that in America, Spain (for FC Barcelona) and Japan (also for FC Barcelona). I have an amazing Mum and Dad, and little brother. Take a look in the gallery for some shots of them. I am a licensed and accomplished soccer coach with over ten years of multi-faceted soccer experience. I have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to motivate, train and educate athletes and coaches at all levels. My special emphasis is on player development, physical fitness and training. I have expertise in improving and developing players’ skills including tactics and strategy, footwork, speed and agility. I am an accomplished leader both on and off the field and continue to play competitively to keep my ‘jinga’. I focus on team development utilizing Futsal (indoor soccer) training. Complimented and known for excellent coaching and training abilities.
- NSCAA Premier Diploma, United States
- ABTF Associacao Brasileira de Treinadores de Futebol
- Former player with Colorado Storm USA
- Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish
Honours And Awards
- Top score goals of Grêmio for three consecutive years.
- Top free kick scorer for FC Grêmio de Maringá, Paraná, Brasil
- Gold cleats for the best youth soccer player – USA
- Coach revelation – USA
Jan 2009 – CurrentSoccer de Brazil, Sydney, Australia
Academy and Coaching Director
Established Soccer de Brazil (SdeB) – a football (soccer) Academy involved in grass, beach and indoor football (Futsal). Concentrating on technical skills, offering all levels of development programs in football with a unique Brazilian style and flair, so that players can express themselves, enjoy the game and achieve their full potential.
- Coaching in the Eastern Suburbs, St George and in the Northern Beaches.
- Training children from age 3 to age 16. Fielding teams in competitions for all age groups from U6’s all the way up to adults. This year coaching in excess of 400 players.
- Specialised “1 on 1” training programs.
- Established strategic partnerships with Easts FC and Rockdale City Suns.
2007-2008FC Barcelona Escola, Barcelona, Spain
Introduced new ideas, methods, drills and games to both the players and coaches. Created overall teamwork and unity through the use of advanced techniques. Coached U9/U10’s and U11/U12’s, focusing on improving technical weaknesses and enhancing existing strengths. Improved overall player confidence with the ball and skill level.
- Selected to represent FC Barcelona for a tour of five cities in Japan providing futsal training and coaching to over 600 players for Honda Japan.
- Provided instruction via classroom training, videotaping and demonstrations.
- Received many accolades from Dentsu and Honda for enthusiasm and excellence in training.
- Interviewed by national news staff in each city with newsclips that were aired on Japanese TV. Positively represented FC Barcelona by communicating strong technical expertise.
- Taught a special program for Nike providing advanced skills and coaching techniques to 135 Japanese coaches. This class was part of the requirement to obtain licensing from the Japanese Licensing Federation.
2003-2007Soccer de Brazil, Inc. – www.carnielsoccer.com, Littleton, CO
Director of Coaching
Direct all coaching activities for Carniel Futsal Club and Soccer de Brazil camps, clinics, personal, small group and team training. General manager and director of all marketing activities. Develop and implement marketing strategies for tournaments, camps and various other programs.
- Created and implemented a business vision and plan to provide outstanding professional soccer coaching and Futsal training to players and coaches of all ages and abilities. Self funded this entrepreneurial growing business
- Developed business, and grew revenue substantially over the course of five years through sponsorships, camps, and personal referrals.
- Organized and ran first Futsal league for south suburban metro Denver area, popularized the sport of Futsal.
- Oversaw, planned and scheduled 50+ team soccer tournament for boys and girls of all ages. Negotiated and budgeted all expenses
- Worked with recreation managers to initiate and organize summer Futsal camps and clinics.
- Featured in media: ABC television newsclip and regional and local newspapers.
- Secured and managed corporate sponsorships. Designed the layout of company website.
- Coached U14 boys team that qualified for the Futsal national championships in Anaheim, CA
2003-2007Littleton Soccer Club, Littleton, CO
Staff Coach and Soccer Coach
Recognized as top coach for 3000 member soccer club. Selected to provide advanced level training for U7’s to U18’s boys and girls. Coordinated, scheduled and taught team camps, practices and clinics for 80+ teams. Implemented Brazilian style soccer fundamentals and Futsal training to players. In collaboration with the Director Of Coaching, developed special Futsal training for U7’s to U10’s. Boys U11B White Premier 1 Division Team
- 2006 Premier division, 1st place, Pride of the Rockies Tournament, Colorado Springs.
- 2006 Premier division, 1st place, Grand Mesa Tournament, Grand Junction CO.
- 2007 Premier division, 1st place, Real Cup, Denver CO.
Boys U14B Red Classic Division Team
- 2005 Premier division, 1st place, Sunbelt Tournament, Pueblo CO.
- 2005 Premier division, 1st place, Grand Mesa Tournament, Grand Junction CO.
Girls U16G Blue Classic Division Team
- 2004 Premier division 1st place, Mile High Soccer Fest, Denver CO
2001-2003FC Gremio – Parana, Brazil
Assistant Soccer Coach
Provided coaching with a special emphasis on conditioning, flexibility and physical fitness. Designed workouts, and training sessions, including muscle strengthening, weight lifting and cardiovascular workouts.